1. The January Gym Crew: Both at my local gym and even back here in 2. Ipods on Campus: Music is very important to me as you will see later in this blog but I believe being social is equally important. This semester I have not worn my Ipod on the way to class and I find it more pleasing for some reason. I listen to music all the time and through various other activities, walking to class does not need to be one of them for me. I enjoy the sounds of the street and the possibility of striking up a conversation with a complete stranger or close friend.
3. Eye Contact: You can really tell the confidence of an individual by the amount of eye contact they give you during conversation. When speaking to someone, if they can constantly keep a steady stream of eye contact with you, the conversation tends to be more intimate and rewarding. I guess it’s because a genuine trust is formed and each person believes just a little bit more about your personality and what you have to say.
4. Comedians vs. Politicians: I just get tired of the majority of politicians in our nation who fill us with their parties’ stances on issues instead of speaking from the heart. Not everyone shares the same opinion on everything and I guess I wish they had more of an individual identity. I really respect Jon Stewart from the Daily Show, along with most comedians. I respect them for being able to point out or make fun of a situation because of the facts, not because of what someone else thinks.
5. The Power of Music Part One (Stress Reliever): I’ve found throughout my life that one of the best things to clear my mind is music. Music is truly an escape for me, whether it’s listening to my favorite bands or learning to play the guitar as I am doing right now. Nothing can replace this aspect of music.
6. Nice Guys Finish Last: Green Day said it right.I guess this sadly true concept bothers me from time to time, especially when I’m single. The idea of girls going after the stereotypical “Bad-Boy” is lame, especially when there are guys out there like me who genuinely care about the girls we have feelings for. I know it will go away in time as people continue to mature, and hopefully then more ladies will see the confident, honest, funny, but more importantly nice guy that I am.
7. False Love: I get kind of sick of reading peoples Facebook status on a daily basis stating how much they love their girlfriend/boyfriend. Don’t get me wrong, I think that the idea of being in love is one of the best parts of life. But to me, being in love is something that you and the one your with should be confident about. It shouldn’t matter what others think, only what the both of you think of eachother. Once in awhile is fine, but when you have a new version of the same message everyday it makes me believe you are trying to convince someone (Or Yourself) instead of actually being in love.
8. Nervous Focus: I notice that when people walk into a room on the first day of class that they lock in to their prospective seat. It’s kind of funny in a way because I am sure that I have done it too and I wonder how I looked. Watch the next time you are in a new situation and see how many people make crisp movements and turns until they reach their “target” destination.
9. The Power of Music II (Message from the Heart): Nothing can touch me more then watching someone sing a song directly from the heart. Like this video of a young musician singing Wish You Were Here in dedication to her mother (Especially the ending of the video). Watch her emotions along with others in attendance. The power of the music and words is never clearer.
10. Body Language: When we have to give speeches in class, it is hard for me to pay attention to the other presentations because I am so focused on each individual’s body language. The little movements and actions that each person makes can really tell you how confident they are about their presentation.
Brad Vonck
No comments:
Post a Comment