
Hey Everyone! My name is Jacqueline but most people call me Jackie, I’m not really sure what I should talk about because it is pretty hard to just sit and think about what you should say about yourself…but I’ll try. I was born and raised on the south side of Chicago-Gage Park area, and yes I am a HUGE White Sox fan, and I don’t really care if you like that OTHER Chicago baseball team. I love listening to music and I love to shop…I blame that on my five sisters at home. You could say that I’m tri-lingual (if that’s even a word?) because I could speak Spanish; pretty good French, and of course English. I moved out of my parents house at sixteen to go to a better high school and because of that I’m the first person in my family to attend a University and so far I’ve LOVED every second of it!!! There isn’t that much diversity in my community at home so getting the opportunity to meet people of different cultures has been such an incredible experience.
My intended major here at school is History and I hope to return to my community high school and teach. Most think I’m crazy when I tell them what my major is but I love learning about the past! How could you not? Everything that has been accomplished and the sacrifices and suffering that people had to go through in order for all of us to be sitting in the seats we are in today. I’ll admit we still have a lot of things to work out in this world but hopefully one day I’ll be able to teach about all the contributions that my generation put into the effort to make it a better one. Because I’m a history major I usually have a lot of reading to do, but if you see me with a book under my nose don’t be afraid to stop and say Hi!
Well that’s enough with the serious talk, I think I should probably tell you a little about what I actually enjoy doing…Well there’s shopping like I said before but once in school that hobby comes to an end since I’m usually broke. Going to the basketball games, my friend Lydia McCully is on the basketball team so make sure you cheer her on people! Playing guitar hero is my secret obsession: D. Hanging out with friends, watching and making fun of movies. Facebook and Myspace I check on the daily along with my email, and I’ll be pledging to one of our multicultural sororities in the upcoming weeks so I’m really excited about that:D!!!! I think that is enough information about my self for now so......I’ll see you guys in class!
My intended major here at school is History and I hope to return to my community high school and teach. Most think I’m crazy when I tell them what my major is but I love learning about the past! How could you not? Everything that has been accomplished and the sacrifices and suffering that people had to go through in order for all of us to be sitting in the seats we are in today. I’ll admit we still have a lot of things to work out in this world but hopefully one day I’ll be able to teach about all the contributions that my generation put into the effort to make it a better one. Because I’m a history major I usually have a lot of reading to do, but if you see me with a book under my nose don’t be afraid to stop and say Hi!
Well that’s enough with the serious talk, I think I should probably tell you a little about what I actually enjoy doing…Well there’s shopping like I said before but once in school that hobby comes to an end since I’m usually broke. Going to the basketball games, my friend Lydia McCully is on the basketball team so make sure you cheer her on people! Playing guitar hero is my secret obsession: D. Hanging out with friends, watching and making fun of movies. Facebook and Myspace I check on the daily along with my email, and I’ll be pledging to one of our multicultural sororities in the upcoming weeks so I’m really excited about that:D!!!! I think that is enough information about my self for now so......I’ll see you guys in class!
No comments:
Post a Comment