By: Sophia Damtew
1. After class when you walk on the quad you see tons of people and their emotions laughing, talking, crying, stressing over tests and etc. This makes me realize that in such a big university with different people that we are all the same. We all have the same problems and goals and I just find that fasinating. Sorry if that is a little wierd!
2. I observed that in the Union there are couches and people sleep on them in between classes. I found that so wierd and inapporiate to have shoes and your bag on a leather couch when it is not your home. At first, I didn't know if it was allowed or not, but then I realized many people did it because there were not any couches avaliable to sit on!
3. Almost evey building at U of I is red and brick, this distinct look makes it hard for me still to find my classes becuase it is a lot easier for me to find my classes visually then rememeber the name.
4. I observed peoples manurisms on a elevator; it is always awkward for some reason becuase you are with people you don't know in fairly tight space. Me and my friends always do the sign that is called the awkward turtle when a situation is awkward, it's fun because not a lot of people know what it means.
5. When I go to the library espeically the Undergraduate Library it is more of a social scene then actually studying a lot of people are talking about their day versus studying.
6. When I go to swipe in the Cafeteria my roomate and I are always greeted so kindly. It makes me in a better mood and helps me to enjoy my meals more.
7. When I am in my friends dorm the first thing I did is look around their room to get a sense of who they are as person and to see if we have anything in common
8. When I look at the 6-pack there are a bunch fences and inside the fences are a bunch of dug up holes. There are no trees and it really doesn't look as pleasent, but I love living there!
9. When walking to my class I notice that many girls have boots, but in particular ugg boots. It is almost an epidemic on the U of I camps.
10. When you are waiting on the bus, it is usually packed in the mornings because everyone is trying to get to class on time. The majority of studetns look tired and sleepy like they just rolled out of bed.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment