
My name is Will Hornback. I am a Ag business major from Ridge Farm, a small town southeast of Champaign close to the Indiana boarder. I am from a very small town with only 105 students in our whole high school. I graduated in a class of 30 students, 26 of which were boys, so coming to the U of I was quite a shock. I grew up on a small farm in which we raise livestock, corn, and soybeans. We have mainly hogs and a few cattle. I am in charge of the hogs that we mainly raise for show pig production. I spend my summers traveling around to various county and state fairs along with national purebred shows. I have met many good friends at these events. My biggest accomplishment was receiving grand champion honors at the Illinois State fair in 2003.
As you can probably tell, I love agriculture. My favorite time of the year is during the fall. I love working the long hours in the field during harvest. I also like to have fun along with working. I like to play sports whenever I have time. I also love to watch professional and college sports. My two favorite teams are the Cubs and the Bears. When I graduate I would like to have the opportunity to farm and stay around my hometown.
No comments:
Post a Comment