Ten things that are interesting to me.
1. Over x-mas break I was hauling grain to the mill in Danville. It had snowed a couple of days before and all the vehicles were white with road salt on them. One semi grain trailer had GO BEARS! in big letters written in the road grime on both sides of his trailer. It made me think that this guy must have been a die hard bears fan considering the amount of time it took him to write that he could have washed it.
2. Also I noticed as I was sitting in line at the mill that union mill workers are pretty lazy. There were always people sitting on the picknick tables outside the office, and inside the office they were always on coffee breaks or sitting around reading the newspaper. It always seemed like the same people.
3. During the recent cold spell I noticed alot of people walking to class in a variety of different clothing. Most people were all bundled up so much that you counldnt even see their faces. However there was the occasional person who didnt have a hat on, I even saw one guy in shorts, crazy.
4. I have a class in Foellinger auditorium. I have noticed that the people at the front are always taking notes and are paying attention. As you move farther back most everybody is asleep or just sitting there daydreaming.
5. When I was home this weekend I was looking at our new baby pigs and how they were all laying on top of each other. Pigs have the sterotype of being dumb but as they were laying there I thought how smart they were to use each others bodyheat to keep warm. I thought that was interesting.
6. Also at home today I was looking out in out pasture and was watching our week-old calves running around and playing with each other. Their mothers kept a watchful eye over them to make sure they were safe. I guess they were feeling alot more energetic because of the warm weather.
7. At the basketball game tonight I noticed how enthusiastic the orange crush was and how the team fed off of their energy. I also noticed people next to the floor that didnt hardly cheer or yell at all. However, they were mostly older people.
8. When I go to class everyday I walk by a construction site where a new apartment complex is going to be built. On the billboard there is a picture of the completed building and advertisements of flat screen tv's and a rooftop pool. It made me think how any normal college student could afford to live there.
9. There is also construction everywhere. There are new buildings and rennovations around everywhere. It made me think how much of my tution money goes into this new construction
10. Finally, when I went to Hardee's to get a burger I noticed how unhappy the person working there was. It seems like all the people that work there are slow and act like they hate their job.
-Will
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment