
Some of you might say, "The name Thomas Callahan sounds familiar." But you are probably thinking of Thomas Callahan played by Chris Farley in the comedy "Tommyboy." While "Tommyboy" is one of my favorite movies, there are some differences between the brake pad salesman and myself.
I will start by telling everyone how big of a sports fan I am. I live and breathe sports in every aspect including watching them and playing them. My idol growing up was Michael Jordan because of the way he played the game of basketball. He worked through adversity and always had fun while playing basketball. I could spend all day watching films of Michael Jordan and his playing days with the Chicago Bulls. For these reasons, one thing I spend most of my free time doing is surfing the web on my favorite website www.espn.com. Here is where I catch up on the latest news in the world of sports. But the sport that I am most passionate about is baseball. For those of you New York Yankees fans, I feel we are already starting off on the wrong foot. I could talk sports with anyone for an extended period of time.
Some of my interests other than sports include music, movies, and reading. I enjoy listening to music of all genres but my favorite artists are Garth Brooks, REO Speedwagon, and Sublime.
My favorite movies include: Tommyboy, Ocean's 11, Die Hard Series, and all Adam Sandler movies. As you can see, I love action and comedy movies. Reading is also something that I spend a lot of my past time doing. My favorite authors are J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series) and Dan Brown (Angels and Demons & The Da Vinci Code).
That is just a peak into my daily life. I am looking forward to this semester of school where I will begin my classes geared towards my future engineering degree. I look forward to meeting a lot more people at the University of Illinois and especially everyone in my Rhetoric 104 class.
- Thomas Callahan
No comments:
Post a Comment