Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ten Things I Observed


1. The one thing I think is absolutely beautiful about U of I is the landscaping. Every time I walk on the quad I observe the breathtaking scenery, regardless if there is snow on the ground or on a sunny day.
2.Everyone knows that there are advertisements almost everywhere. It is amazing how many advertisements I see in just one day. The thing that is more striking than how often I see them is the variety of places they are. On campus there are advertisements and promotions even written on the ground in chalk. This is clever because I’m sure many people notice them, look I did!
3. At church I watched the behavior of many people. I realized how happy, confident and friendly everyone was. It is difficult to find places where everyone is joyful.
4. Have you ever notice how a dorm room is set up. There are not just the typical four walls, instead there are many walls. This allows you to become as creative, and making each room different.
5. I was driving and notice how slow traffic always is here in Champaign- Urbana. I’m from Chicago where everyone is always rushing. It’s interesting to see how people take their time and not always be in a hurry.
6. As I walked to classes the other day, I noticed how everybody is either talking on the phone, text messenging or listening to a music device( mostly iPods). No one seems to communicate directly. I find it interesting that so many people are affected by the technological age, especially college students.
7. I have been to many malls and found that they are similar in many ways. They contain similar stores, especially department stores such as J. C. Pennys, Sears and Macys.
8. Have you noticed that there commercials of restaurants that are not here in Champaign- Urbana? I see Wendy’s commercials on t.v here all the time, yet there is not a Wendy’s here.
9. This is the weekend before my birthday so I went out to a party. I noticed that many girls dress provocatively and wear heels when going out even in cold weather. Women always seem to wear less clothes than guys, even when it is cold!
10. Lastly, I was searching the internet and found these articles quite interesting. Here’s the link, http://www.damninteresting.com/.
-Tawana Daniels

No comments: