Sunday, January 27, 2008

10 things, plus 1, I tend to recognize…


1. Text messages. Due to excessive texts I send per day, I observe the many styles of texting…the language of texting. Some people use shortened words, while others use Standard English. Those signatures others have at the end of their messages, in some cases, always have some message. If it’s not simply their names, it’s something far more interesting.
2. Facial expressions. To me, someone’s facial expression tells it all. Their expression provides the inner thoughts at any given moment. As I tend to have their weirdest thoughts, I become curious to others thoughts.
3. Food composition. Well, I love to eat. Most of the time, I am looking at the melting cheese on my
Philly cheese steak, paying attention to sautéed onions in stir fry, the oils trickling from my sub sandwiches, the sour cream stacked on my tacos, so on and on and on…
4.
Eyes. They are the first thing that attracts my attention when going through a magazine, meeting someone or in a piece of art. The various colors of pupils are intriguing (Or even contacts and how it mixes with their original pupil color.)
5. The palm of hands. I follow the lines. There are dark ones and lighter ones going in different directions. Some resemble the branches of trees. Hmmm… I like to see how far they extend on various palms.
6. Cuts and scars. Whenever I get a cut or something, I like to examine the long or short process it takes to heal. When I first get them, I panic...Even little paper cuts. It’s really weird because your skin is loose and or gone...where did it go? Ewww.
7.
Diamond and/ or rhinestones. I look at the differences between the two. But, it’s shiny appearance puts me in awe. Depending upon the size of the rock, I wander into a deep gaze if I’m staring at them for a while.
8. Blank and black screens. Nothing is there, but I somehow find that impossible. I don’t know, it is just a little something I notice…
9.
The infinity symbol. Well, it started when I was young and I actually wanted to become a famous ice skater. As I saw people make figures 8’s, it was amazing. Then getting older, I noticed the infinity sign was a sideways eight. An eight on a far lean. Sometimes as people doodle, they make squiggly lines and flowers and stuff, but I sometimes draw the symbol. My eyes would always follow my hand as I drew it. I came to find out that it’s a good strategy to exercise the brain. Its good eye coordination.
10. Nose hair. Yes, it’s really weird. I don’t understand…why is hair coming out of your nose?????
11. And one more thing…walking. On my way to class, I really pay attention to peoples’ walks that indicate a sense of urgency. Hey, they must be late for class, and interview, exam, or whatever. Then, when I have an urgent walk, I wonder if another person has my initial thoughts.
Krystal Wilson

No comments: