
When I looked at this billboard, I had no idea what the advertisement was advertising. I think that people think that text can say everything they want but the interpretation can often be taken completely different. I think that the text in this ad just makes the viewer wonder what the billboard is selling. My first thoughts when I saw this was that it was an ad to sell tough trucks. It’s like the “Built Ford Tough” saying. I think that this is actually a ad to just promote safety. Often, the images overtake the text but maybe this is how society is changing. People don’t want to read anymore it seems. I would say that this holds very true because I have noticed how much tougher it has been to find interesting text in around in my life. Everything is images or visual. Text has seemed to lost its punch. But I do think that when the text is worth reading that it has value. Seeing this text made me realize that text is there to clarify images. I think that images use to be to clarify text but times are changing and I think that this is due to television.
This billboard is just a poor advertisement to me. The text is just not well used and in think that this is why text is losing it power to images. I think that the advancement in cameras. Images catch peoples attention more that text and its much easier to produce images with digital cameras and that’s why text might be tougher to find for me for this blog post.
Isaiah
1 comment:
Way to be critical! Good response.
Post a Comment