
The media is sex crazy! Through television, billboards, and the internet; I feel that you are being consciously being promoted sex. You typically see half-naked women who are holding an object that they are advertising. I am not saying that this method is wrong, but I want to figure out why sex sells and why does your economy accept this. First off, it is not only degrading to woman, but it gives the wrong idea of women. It makes it seem as if they are only sexual objects. Media today has become comfortable with nudeness. I think people like sexual images even though they know it is not real. It represents an unreal fantasy like the possibility if I buy this item then maybe I will look like this or people will perceive me with this. The media is promoting sex; it has been statistical shown that so have eating disorders in the United States. Girls begin to think that guys will only find me attractive if I look a certain way. I know that this topic has been talked about a lot, but I want to find out the deep down reason why we are so sex crazy? How did this happen because it did not just happen one night, but overtime. I know that the time has changed and women and men become more comfortable with our sexuality, but why have we gone to such an extreme. If we do not try to reduce the amount of sexual images that younger and younger kids are being exposed to then I believe it will lead to unhappy children; followed by depression, eating disorders and etc.
-Sophia Damtew
No comments:
Post a Comment