
I found this image while searching online for some fresh writing material. I went for political theme because i believe it is important to see what other people think about the current race. As i came around this i looked at it and though "Juvenile". But then as i began to analyze the image i came to understand something implicitly stipulated. To dress Obama, a well mannered and eloquent speaker into what would be considered a "ghetto" outfit is an outcry of racial injustice. Is Obama an African American? What is an African America. Does this image really represent what is considered being an African American? I don't know answer for this question but it is really interesting to think if you can call Obama black. I think the artist was trying to ask us if we really want to have a president like that. I cant be sure by this picture is defenitly racist. And what does it means to be black? This image really says a lot about stereotypes. By putting a single image in contrast with a culture is a bold statement. I feel somewhat disappointed to see that whoever posted this sees African Americans in their entirety like this. On the other hand i find it hilarious to see some humor in this. To see Obama as a gangster is really funny, because that is the totally opposite of what he is.
Valera
No comments:
Post a Comment