There are so many buildings on this campus that I have not been into. I decided to go on an adventure and go into the following buildings: Chemical Sciences Laboratory, the Music Building, and the Foreign Language Building. I found something unique about every one of these buildings. Even though I may not go into these buildings because they don’t relate to my major, I found something interesting about all three of these buildings.
The first building I went into was the Foreign Language Building. It’s a building that caught my eye from the first time I walked on the quad. The brick exterior is unique from any other building on campus. Not only did the brick appeal to me from the outside, the brick lining also continues in the inside of the building. They didn’t wall paper, paint, or do anything to the walls on the inside. My favorite part of the building was the library on the 2nd floor. I was walking by the small offices on the 2nd floor when I walked by a room and nearly passed it when I realized I just passed the Foreign Language library. It was very small and unlike any of the other rooms on that level because of the couches and tables inside. Even though I am not taking a foreign language, someday I might go to the building to study in that library on the 2nd floor.
The second building that I explored was the Music Building. There were so many entrances to this building that I thought I was going to get confused and not remember which was the correct exit to Goodwin Avenue. I knew I wasn’t in an ordinary school building because of all the lockers everywhere. Everyone that walked into the building was carrying an instrument and put their instruments in those lockers when they came in the building. I really enjoyed the balcony that I could walk out onto. There was nothing out there, but the fresh air was something that could be enjoyed as a break from learning.
Lastly, I explored the Chemical Sciences Laboratory. I walk by this building everyday, and I didn’t even know what it was. There are 5 stories and coming off the elevator, they all look the exact same. You can tell it was a science building because of all the high tech equipment in the rooms. There was a lot of “Laser In Use” signs lit up as I was walking around. It took me awhile to find the overhead walkway that you can see from outside. I finally found it on the 4th floor and I really liked it because you could see both Goodwin Avenue on one side, and you could see the main quad on the other side. From now on, whenever I have time in between classes, I am going to go explore other buildings that I haven’t been in.
- Thomas Callahan
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment