Friday, March 14, 2008

campus

The university of Illinois campus, oh what a beautiful and huge place. There are just so many buildings all of them having their own purpose and their own interesting background information. So for me it was kind of hard to chose three buildings to walk around in yet I was able to finally make that decision. The first building I looked at was the kranet center. The second building I looked at was altgeld hall. Finally, I looked at isr. Let’s see what I found out.
The first building I checked out was the kranet center for performing arts. As soon as I entered the place seemed very eloquent because of the type of people that were there that day. I saw many people dressed in suits and ties all around. Another thing I noticed was the lighting of the building made it seem “artsy”. As I walked on I entered a place were plays are preformed called a studio it was very compact like nothing I had seen before I wondered to myself how exactly where plays put on here. Then I went to an actual play house which I saw the play Henry IV. I also saw the place where costumes are made.
The second place I visited was altgeld hall where I went into the bell tower located at the very top of the building. From what I saw everything up there looked very broken down however I was told that the walls there were sound proof so as not to disturb class. I also was asked if I wanted to play the bells of the bell tower however I declined.
Lastly I visited isr aka the engineers’ dorm. Here I noticed a pretty large lunchroom compared to the rest of the dormitories. Also the dorms here are townsend which is all guys and wardall which is supposed to be all girls but is coed only on one floor due to limited spacing. In the basement of wardall is a small library where I saw only 1 person reading a book no one else was there. I talked to librarian there she said it’s because not many people know of it.
In conclusion I feel that doing this type of hands on research is very entertaining and more engaging for us students. Hopefully we will get to do this on all upcoming papers aswell.

Fernand

No comments: