Sunday, March 2, 2008

Guilt Trip?


Most of us are used to seeing ads that promote popular products and places but not many of us really go out and buy/visit those things. When I came across this ad online I started to think of who this ad was really meant for? This image consists of a scruffy looking older man, tired and frustrated. The producers of this ad really tried to make this look like he was a homeless guy and it only made me mad to see that there could be ads that are, well mean! In my opinion this ad is offensive to me and I'm sure that it could be to those it is "supposedly" trying to help. From my prospective the ad makes it seem that we dont do enough to help the homeless. From their perspective it makes them look uneducated (because of the grammar issues). There are many homes/shelters out there for the homeless, although I understand that it is nothing that this country really has undercontrol it is a something that we take serious and try to help. And from my knoweledge I didnt know that all homeless people were uneducated?! Many may be living on the streets now but each one of those people did have sometype of education before so I dont believe that it is right for an ad that especially is trying to help the homeless of their cities to promote. By trying to make us as the audience guilty, they actually make themselves look like idiots.

--Jacqueline Gonzalez

2 comments:

Rhetoric 104 said...

Weird ad! There is a grammar error in the type as well. Shouldn't "have" be "has"? Weird.

Rhetoric 104 said...

Who are you, by the way?