
Are inflatable ads really necessary? For some products this may be an effective way for advertising. However, I feel like some products just don’t need that extra advertising. An example is Pepsi. Pepsi products are so well known that I do not understand why millions of dollars are invested in more advertising. Some advertising is always good to just ensure that people are aware of your products but there is a such thing as overexposure. I feel that I am being overexposed.
Pepsi products are very distinctive. The red, white, and blue logo is unique and gives a sense of patriotism. When I think of Pepsi, I think of a drink that is versatile among various cultures and a part of America. It’s the ultimate drink, soda, cola, pop, what ever name you prefer. I remember watching older movies and I noticed that people would always drink Pepsi or its rival, Coca Cola. But in recent years Pepsi is major in the popular culture among youth, and it is also involved in sports. Pepsi products are advertised around sports arena’s, and by many celebrities on television. There are tons of visual ads from commercials to printed media in newspapers and magazines. Now inflatable balloons with the product is an option.
I feel that some successful corporations and industries are just never satisfied. With some of their revenue they can easily pay workers more money, or donate to a charity and scholarship. Why waste more money on endless ads. Most people are aware of Pepsi products and prefer them over others as evidence of their success but owners obviously feel that the public has not seen enough. It’s not enough to be able to look up and see a huge billboard with Pepsi all over it, now you can look a little higher and see inflatable advertisements.There are plenty of inflatable ads though, see this link, to see more If I am going to continuously be exposed to ads it will be nice if I can see a new product instead of one that I am so familiar with and see all the time.
-Tawana Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment