
What is religion? This is a question that perplexes the minds of many. Some hold religion near to their heart while others take it as a joke. This very question about religion is what brought me about finding my image. I must say this image definitely captured my attention. At first when I saw it a giggled a little but then I got to thinking and realized how much religion is losing its value. I remember when I was 8 years old and my mother used to force me to attend Sunday school. But know I feel less and less people will be forcing their children to do such things. It doesn’t really matter which religion you believe in be that Hindu, Buddhist or Christian I think they will all become obsolete because of the direction that the world is going in. Think about it really, do any of you attend church on a regular basis? I know I don’t. Do you at least have any religious beliefs? Like me, many people today are confused and just say “well, I believe in god I just don’t go to church.” The big question is why is religion losing its value? I think it’s because partly because our new technological advances. For instance in the medical field where a person can save another persons life and not rely on “god’s will”. Another reason is because people are simply too preoccupied to care about church be that with work, school, or friends. Speaking of friends I’ve never heard any of mine say “let’s go to church it’s the best hangout spot ever.” Well I’ve done enough jabbering about religion I’ll leave it up to you to decide weather or not you think it’s losing its value.
-Fernand
No comments:
Post a Comment