By Brad Vonck When I decided to get a tattoo I wanted it to be something special. I wanted my tattoos to mean something, rather then to just get one to look “cool”. I thought about the parts of life that mean the most to me. Family and friendship were the first aspects of my life to come to mind. I decided to get the number 36 tattooed on my left shoulder. The special meaning of that number is the fact that it was my father’s high school football number as well as mine. This number is more then just a symbol of our football years, it is a token of our friendship, and how truly close we are to eachother. I cherish that tattoo because I know that I am extremely lucky to have such a great father. My second tattoo is the picture of a Panther holding a barbell. I met one of my best friends in our freshman year of high school during football practice. We spent a lot of time in the weight room getting ready for the season and became great friends. We got this tattoo together at the same time to show our loyalty as friends. My father is also getting the tattoo I mentioned earlier for similar reasons of displaying loyalty and trust. I believe that tattoos and body art in general can be a great tool in sending out a message to the world. Many tattoos have strong meanings behind them that are matched with the strong dedication it takes to get one. I have thought of other parts of my life I would like to highlight through the use of tattoos, and plan on getting more in the near future. There are many different genres of writing and expression in the world, I believe body art is one of them. There is a group of people it includes (those with tattoos), and each tattoo has its own unique story.
No comments:
Post a Comment