Sunday, February 3, 2008

Random*


Okay so let me just start by saying that I found this sticker on a garbage can next to CRCE. I never thought that throwing a bottle away could spark so much interest on a specific topic. Excited because I had found an element that actually related to class, I took the picture and continued toward my destination. The next day I saw the stickers everywhere! Not sure how long these stickers have been on the surrounding areas I assumed that they had been up for at least a couple months. This piece caught my attention because of its location. For many people the war in Iraq has been a tiptoe issue with many against and others for the war. Although the war has been raging on for more than 6 years now, my stand on the entire thing is still uncertain. The war started when most of us were only about 12 or 13 not truly understanding the entire situation. The authors intent, in my opinion, was to say that he was opposed to the war and telling people to think twice before they give their support to the causes of what our troops are fighting for. By placing this sticker on the trash, a common place that attracts people, perhaps the person who placed it was trying to say that he or she does not care at all about the cause or maybe that the whole situation is old news and he threw out the subject because it has been so overly analyzed in every aspect. As I said before my stand on this issue is really uncertain, but after seeing this image I could say that I was persuaded to lean somewhat towards being against the war....
-Jacqueline Gonzalez

No comments: