
After seeing this billboard advertisement, I didn’t know what my opinion was. Did I want to buy this or was it a little too violent. I came to the conclusion that I the text didn’t affect my decision whether or not I wanted an air rifle. It’s just a funny ad, that if you over analyze things than you might be offended. I think that advertising has changed more than ever in recent years. I would have to say that violence is as accepted in our society as it was in the years past. Because of all the fear of guns, I don’t think that this is a good advertisement for today’s viewers.
This advertisement adds the text at the end “Since 1886.” I think this is very funny because often when you see the word “since…date” you think of products that have stayed the same for years. For example, food products or drinks. To me it’s saying that people have been using this product just like you use it 100 years ago. I don’t think this is the case with the air rifle. If a kid was shot by a BB gun I think a lot or issues would be brought up. This is why I think the “Since 1886” doesn’t work for this ad. Because people don’t use air rifles like they used to. Unlike how the “since…date” goes good with like A & W Root beer. People still drink this the same way as they did years ago. This billboard could very much hurt the sales or air rifles. There are more people that would be strongly against using the BB gun to keep kids away than, if the ad would have said “Keeping the pigeon population down since 1886.”
Isaiah
1 comment:
Wow, that is pretty tacky isn't it?!
-j
Post a Comment