Sunday, February 3, 2008

I received this picture for an 8th graduation present. The text on the picture really helped me through high school sports and life in general. It says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” This text really goes well with the picture that it is printed on. I really like how the kid in the picture is staring down at the ball, it seams as if he is just dreaming. I was like this as a kid. I dreamed making that game winning shot, or striking a great hitter out or throwing a touch down pass in a huge game. But I wasn’t super athletic, and how could a kid like me accomplish all these goals. As I started my senior year of sports this text from Phillippians 4:13 helped me in all that I did. The verse gave me hope and confidence, just like the kid in the picture wants; he wants hope. I played every one of my football games with this verse written on a small piece of paper in my sock. I had it to fall back on when things weren’t going my way as a quarterback. I really look back and am very thankful how things turned out with my athletic career, and I don’t think I would’ve been able to do it with out God’s help. This text in this picture may mean more to me than another person, but that’s what text is for. This picture doesn’t only apply to baseball, but it applies to everything that I do.
Isaiah Olson

No comments: