Sunday, February 3, 2008

Endless War?


In class last Wednesday we viewed two pictures: one was Barrack Obama and the other was Hillary Clinton and on Friday we viewed two propaganda pictures dealing with a solider and war. Those pictures sparked up a very important topic in the presidential election the war on “terrorism”. When searching the web I found a cool bumper sticker that I thought had a good message. I found it interesting how the artist decided to scratch out the less and add this because it seems like this war is never going in. Yes, we always hear in the presidential campaign that the new president will pull out troops from Iraq as soon as they come into office, but how realistic is that? If we leave Iraq then who will protect Iranians from terrorists? This war is a long process and it’s not an easy topic to have a clear answer on. The majority of Americans want the war to end it is costing the economy a lot of money and many loved ones are risking their lives to protect our country. That is why I think the artist put endless war because of right now it does not seem like we are in any position to leave Iraq even though government officials talk about it. He also wanted the public to know both sides of how he feels about the war in a short statement and I have to agree with him because that is the way I feel too. I think that this image was persuasive it makes you realize how much time has gone by with a little of progress; there is still a lot to be done to Iraq before American troops leave safely.


Sophia Damtew

No comments: