Sunday, February 24, 2008



Let me start by telling you how big of a Walker Texas Ranger fan I am. Recently, while I was browsing the Internet to learn about the candidates for the upcoming election, I came across this advertisement for Mike Huckabee. I thought it was pretty funny and persuasive at the same time. Everyone has heard of the Chuck Norris slogans about how Chuck Norris is invincible and better than god. I had to find out more about Mike Huckabee’s campaign and his ideas about our society because it was Chuck Norris approved. Now this doesn’t mean that I will vote for Mike Huckabee just because he has Chuck Norris on his side, but it did make me want to find out more about his campaign. This advertisement appeals to people who are curious about Chuck Norris’ jokes and people like me, that as soon as they see Chuck Norris, they have to find out what it’s all about. The advertisement featuring Chuck Norris, obviously had an impact. If it makes you read more about Mike Huckabee because of his friendship with Chuck Norris, the advertisement served its purpose. It affects the emotional part of a person when trying to persuade them in voting for Mike Huckabee. It featured something/someone that a person might like, so curiosity got the best of the person and they investigate to find out more about the campaign. So while I don’t know yet who I am voting for in the upcoming presidential election, I now know more about one of the candidates, Mike Huckabee, thanks to Chuck Norris.

-Thomas Callahan

1 comment:

Rhetoric 104 said...

Chuck Norris rules.

-j