Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Where my paper is going.

My paper is going along fine. Since our last post, I have been to the councelling center for Law at the Lincoln Building's room 270 where I was able to obtain lots of useful information on the different kinds of majors offered at the University of Illinois for someone who is interested in Law. I was also able to obtain information on the differenkinds of classes offered for students to obtain this major. In the beginning of this project, I started ooff with the question of what posssible Law majors are there and whether the path or major you choose can make the differenc in deciding what Law school you get into or whether your sucessful. Since I planed to major in Psychology, I also wanted to focus on what impact this major could have in the future as I went to Law school. Would the things I learned in this area of study be helpful in some of the skills and traits which are necessary for a lawyer. Through my research, I have found much more than I expected. I was able to find information on why it is that people tend to take the paths which they take. I also have learned that the University of Illinois offers up to 57 different majors for pre- law students so there is a lot of flexibility in the area in which you choose. I also learned that the major which students typically choose, relates to the kind of Lawyer which they want to become. In my case, I found out that Psychology who most be use by a criminal lawyer or family conflict lawyer, one who handles divorce or custody. I haven't really been able to find books other than the ones that are instructional and advisory but I have been able to advise from students both in pre-law and those in Law school. This has been an interesting project experience since I am learning some of what I've always wanted to know. - AveMaria Okolo

No comments: