Monday, April 21, 2008

Better Writer

Have the blogs affected my ability to interpret the visual materials? Yes definitely. I believe that by doing small blogs i improved my skill of research and explication. One of the reasons for that is the fact that blogs forced me to look at objects from a critical perspective. I remember doing this one blog where i was looking on an image of 8 year old kid with machine gun and a teddy bear backpack. I was fascinated with the external conflict between those two items. I found that there is more to visual art than meets the eye. But what i regret and contemplate oftentimes as foolish is an extent to which we had to look into details of things and reconstruct them instead of accepting them for what they are.
Did blogs made me a better writer? I don't know. There is more to being a writer than the ability to write, in my own personal view. I know though that blogs gave me practice necessary in order to achieve that destination.
What i like above all is probably the process of publishing a blog. Starting from scratch and building a cohesive argument, providing visual and textual support. I look back and see the evolution of my writing. Then i can look on what i have improved on, and what i have to strengthen. And overall it was a fun easy experienced that did not require me to sweat my ass of with all the other classless on the back of m mind :)
Valera Chekmazov

No comments: