Due to my sense of optimism, I try to find something “good” in most situations. The question at hand is do I believe that the blog was helpful? I can honestly answer this question with a yes not just because of my optimistic views, but because I see a difference in my writing overall. I can say it was helpful as a result of my writing improving tremendously within this class and in others. At first I though the blog assignment was just another assignment but later I found joy in doing in. I enjoyed writing a blog so much that I even began doing it independently. I believe writing a blog was helpful to me because it was good practice to just freestyle and create work that could be informal, fun, and most of all creative. The blog assignment also introduced me to reading my classmates writing and learning how other people think, analyze, and interpret things. In essence the blog was quite interesting. To particularly focus on the work that I have done I can say that I tried to “think outside the box”. I was calmer and relaxed to write because it is so different than traditional academic writing. I have written about various advertisements, thing I observed in the world, buildings on campus and off, political cartoons, and the comics that is found in newspapers. The first blog was designed to get us thinking about this blog project, so we wrote about ten things I notice mainly on campus and in the area. I like the way the first assignment was specific because it allowed us to be creative when given a prompt as well as when writing freely. One of my favorite blogs is about advertisement which I would have believed was the most cliche. It wasn't though, I found an ad on the internet and analyzed it in detail. I used this same analyzing and detail throughout the semester. Now that the blog has ended I can reflect on the accomplishments and be encouraged to continue write for my own leisure.
-Tawana Daniels
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment