Monday, April 21, 2008

That's Blogtastic!

I think that this part of the course was something the entire class could have gained so much from, but not all of us (myself included) chose to do so. I'll admit that most of my blogs were pretty rushed, and that my favorite was probably the first one I wrote because I actually thought about that one for a substantial amount of time before I wrote it. I do not think that has to do with your emphasis on the blogs or teaching style at all. I think it had more to do with my general issues with academics this semester, which coincide with many freshman on campus. Many factors around the university cause academics to sort of be pushed to the side during this first year, but in general most come out of that slide to find a medium that is beneficial for all parties. I think that we could learn a lot from an activity such as this. Maybe that is because I enjoy writing, anytime I put thoughts down on some sort of creative medium usually results in a better understanding of the topic as a whole, as well as my opinion on such a topic. The visual aspect was great as well because it is something not everyone thinks about, and it was a message that grabbed me throughout the course. Rhetoric does not end with words, everything around is can be considered rhetoric in one way or another. In other words, great activity, great class, hopefully more students appreciate it in the future.

Sincerely,

Brad Vonck

No comments: