I really enjoyed writing blogs for this class. Not only was a fun experience, but I also got to see real life applications of the writing and the English world used in everyday things. You always hear people ask, "When am I ever going to use this?" when it comes to some facets of school work, but by doing a blog every week, it made us aware of our surroundings and how writing is used in all aspects of life. You couldn't be oblivious to the outside world, but instead had to pay attention to your surroundings to see how text was used on an everyday basis. Another reason I enjoyed doing the blog was because it gave me the opportunity to learn more about my classmates. Searching for text every week showed what people's interests are and what they pay attention to whenever they are outside of school and the classroom. It also allowed me to take interests in what others found intriguing about text. Some posts about what people had found over the past week were quite eye-opening. Some of the posts, I would never have realized writing was part of their post. I recommend continuing to use this aspect of class for your future classes. It isn't a lot of extra work because you just have to pay attention to the outside world and it can be done by simply looking around when you are walking to your next class. Text is everywhere in this world and is very important. This blog allowed us to act on our curiosity and form opinions on the meanings of the text we had found during our explorations.
-Thomas Callahan
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment