Sunday, April 6, 2008

"Bling"



by: Jackie G.


In our society there are quite a few unwed mothers/parents out there. Even though this is as common as a leaf falling from a tree now a days people still seem to be completely amazed by it. I actually found this image on another bloggers page ( . this is the website in case you want to check it out yourself), and this person seemed to be completely disgusted as am I, from the billboards context. This is what the other blogger had to say "I ran across this billboard during a recent trip to north-central Iowa. I don’t think there are words that can describe how I feel about its message or its design, so I present it to you as a “moment of Zen” if you will." I'm just shocked to know that this is not a phony billboard and that they actually send these types of messages out to people. This image makes pregnancy seem like a horrible thing that a woman should be ashamed to be. NO ONE should be able to decide for a man/woman when the right or wrong time to have sex is. The government especially should not be able to make those or even advertise those types of decisions.

No comments: